An electrical device only works as well when you take care of its parts. The printer is one of those essential parts of your work, which can give you several hassles if malfunctioning. However, with the proper care and correct spare parts, you can make sure that your printer runs well into its warranty life.
For those using the Brother HL-2240 printer, the first thing you have to make sure of is that you use only the original Brother HL-2240 toner cartridges to ensure the smooth functioning of your printer.
Steps on how you can reset your Brother HL-2240 printer in case it breaks down:
- Turn the printer off
- Open the front cover and press and hold the GO button
- Switch the power on
- Release the GO button after the 3 printer light turn on
- Press the GO button twice again
- After all the lights have turned on, press and release the GO button 5 times
- If the lights are still blinking, that means the error is unresolved
- Close the front cover and wait for the printer to cycle through in the power mode
- Your green ready light will be steadily on now
- If your computer is in the maintenance mode, restart the printer to complete the process
Your Brother HL 2240 printer will be working just fine now.
There are many manufacturers who will try to rip you off by offering you cheaper, low- quality products, but make sure you buy only the original – Brother HL-2240 toner cartridges to get the best out of your – Brother HL-2240 printer.