If your printer hasn’t been used for a long time or if your ink cartridge is exposed to air, this will result in a clogged ink cartridge. This will result in a negative print output or it won’t print at all.
There are some easy steps on how to manually clean your clogged ink cartridge.
- Remove the clogged ink cartridge from the printer but be sure to use the proper method in removing it. If you’re using a Canon PIXMA MG3520 Ink Cartridge, be sure to read the manual first on how to properly remove it because some brands have different ways of cartridge removal.
- Use a soft cloth and wipe off any dried ink on the printer head, then moisten a soft cloth and use it to wipe the printhead area.
- Put the ink cartridge back to the printer and print a test page. If there are some blank areas, use your printer’s print head cleaner. Almost all printer ink cartridges like Canon PIXMA MG3520 Ink Cartridges have this cleaner software.
- If there’s still some spots, fill a bowl with warm water that is enough to cover the print head. Place the ink cartridge in the bowl but be sure to submerge only the part where the ink is coming out and let it dry.
- Run a test page again and make sure that everything’s back to normal.
There are other easy ways to clean your clogged ink cartridge but always make sure to do the proper method to avoid damaging your ink cartridges. Always use a reliable ink cartridge like Canon PIXMA MG3520 Ink Cartridges for hassle-free cleaning.