Epson has come up with an ecology friendly innovation in the printing industry – cartridge-free printers! Instead of buying a new set of ink cartridges such as the Epson Work Force WF-2540 cartridges every 700-800 pages, Epson’s 8 bottles of ink are good for 11,000 pages of black text and 8,500 of colored. That is equivalent to 2 years of printing, assuming that you print 300 pages per month. Other features cartridge-free printers include the following:
- The ink tank has been transferred from side to the front so that it is easy to see how much ink is left.
- The printed text and images of these new generation cartridge-free printers have near laser quality. They have sharp black character with excellent contrasts.
- Epson has also explored photo printing fully to allow more people to print as much as they want without worrying too much about the cost of high quality photos that can last up to 300 years in a photo album. Some models have a number of features which will appeal to the innovativeMillennials, such as the SD card slot, borderless, and CD/DVD printing.
- Refill bottles are included as part of the printer set. Compared to replacing Epson Work Force WF2540 cartridges, refill bottles are cheaper.
- Ecotank printers use the miezo or precision core printhead for clear text prints. There are some models that also offer automatic document feeder,larger paper trays, and fax.
Although these new generation cartridge-free printers may cost more than the older models, it is more economical and greener.