Most cartridges may appear to look the same on the outside but the sponge size has been considerably reduced on the inside and now holds less ink that before. Printing shouldn’t have to cost the earth and with some helpful advice consumers can save money and slow decrease the waste going into landfill while maintaining a high quality print output.
- Print duplex – also known as double sided printing if possible set your printer setting/preference for automatic double-sided printing.
- Use a compatible or remanufactured printer ink from Asap Inkjets and save 30% to 70%.
- Buy the XL or high capacity version of the ink cartridges instead of a standard volume as the print volume is often higher and the cost per page is therefore cheaper.
- Buy a printer that uses individual color cartridges, that way you will only need to replace the color that runs out.
- Consult your ink supplier before you purchase a replacement printer to discuss the cost and availability of compatible printer cartridges for your printer.
- Print in black and white as frequent as you can.
- Use an inexpensive bond paper stock and high-quality paper for the important high quality jobs and save ink for other unimportant jobs.
- If you print a lot of copies either monochrome or color, consider switching to a laser printer, again choosing to use compatible ink cartridges.
It’s recommended that a printer cartridges be refilled no more and two or three times. If the printer is refilled more than 3 times, there can be a possibility that the ink volume levels will not show as the chip on the cartridge will not register as full. Buying Brother LC101 ink can be done online with many suppliers offering low cost next day delivery at very competitive prices.
These cartridges are the types that the integrated print head or in other words the print head built into the cartridge rather than the printer. The high production laser printers cost less to print per page than the inkjet printers but a set of four toners can cost in excess of 40-70%. If you make the switch to compatible toners which are direct clones of the originals and that too without copyright infringement, the savings can lead upto 40% to 70%.
Simply, with the ink cartridges and with the print head in the cartridge is that they can be refilled or remanufactured in a factory and be reused.